Thursday, January 25, 2007

Evening at the Student Bar...

Tonight’s blog entry is going to be quite light-hearted. After our individual tutorials and an evening lecture, most of us shared a pint of beer or glass of wine at the student bar. I cannot claim that I have taken all of these images since my camera attracted quite a bit of attention and some of my esteemed co-students grabbed the camera and took some of the pictures below. But I can say that most of my fellow students fell in love with the M8.

So Steven K. Lee (CEO of Leica), if you are reading this, please come to the LCC and splash out on a few M8s, you’d find a few happy takers and would be doing a great service to the future of photojournalism :-)

But before you indulge in a few “silly” images, I cannot help (since at the end of the day there is quite a relevance to an evening like this) to cite the great Magnum photojournalist Leonard Freed, who sadly has recently deceased:

“Ultimately photography is about who you are. It’s the seeking of truth in relation to yourself. And seeking truth becomes a habit.”















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home