Wednesday, February 28, 2007

So which one is it?





I took these two shots this weekend at a social gathering and can’t decide which one is the better shot. I kind of like them both, but they are my “babies”. As Paul put it so aptly in a (very timely) lecture on editing today: photographers are notoriously bad at “killing their own babies” and therefore are often not that good at editing their own work. I like her facial expression in the first image but like the way her hand holds the cigarette in the second shot…. Fortunately I don’t have to choose now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uwe -

2nd shot for me as i feel she looks more engaged in conversation therby removing the slighly 'staged' appearence of the first (although I am guessing neither were staged - most people would be unsure)

6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home