Monday, June 18, 2007

Spice of Life, again and again...





It has become almost a ritual for me to go to the open mic sessions at the Spice of Life pub on Mondays. Well, for one thing I like the kind of music that is played there and for another, there is sometimes real talent there. Amazing what these amateurs come up with. And most of them write their own songs.

And of course, it is an ideal experimentation ground for sound recordings. Now that I have upgraded to an Edirol R09, the recordings are in a completely different league from the Olympus recorder I have used previously. If you record in 24 bit WAV and 48 bit sampling (the highest resolution), it is no exaggeration to say that the resulting files are really CD quality. I did another test yesterday when I went to the catholic mass at the Old Brompton oratory where they usually have the mass sung by a pretty good choir. The sound files I got are - despite a bit of ambient noise around me - pretty crisp and even enjoyable to listen to with earphones.

I really look forward to put my new gadget to work in the Ukraine…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

4:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home