Friday, December 07, 2007

That’s it… or is it?



[Das Zerrissene Ich/The Riven Me; Holga double exposure: me with Doris Salcedo’s cracks in Tate Modern]

We had our final degree show this week, have been awarded a master’s degree in photojournalism and documentary photography and had our final lecture yesterday… so the course has ended, the academic studies are over… After a Christmas break, we all will take a step into the real world… Time for some soul searching: What are the lessons from this year? What have I learned? Will I cut it as a photographer in the real world? Do I have what it takes to make a real difference as a photographer? Or will I just dabble along as an ‘also run’? Is it therefore worthwhile pursuing photography?

I am hanging up the blog (at least for a period of time) while I am looking for some personal answers to these questions…