Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The view from the LCC

Today marked my first day of lectures and induction classes at the London College of Communication (LCC). In short: it is going to be a demanding course but I have the feeling that I am going to love it. The structure of the course is almost exactly what I have hoped for: focus on practical assignments and light on theoretical baggage (after all, one cannot become a photojournalist by sitting in a class room – I guess one has to go out and shoot and shoot and shoot…).

And one other thing seems to be an integral element of the course: a fair amount of tolerance for experimentation and (consequently) failure. Again, that is something right up my alley. After all, I would like to be able to explore new ways and routes this year. No more playing it safe.

Ask me again in a month’s or two months’ time whether these expectations and promises have become reality.

And, the college's lecture theatre has got a great view, too :-)

The view from the LCC…



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home