Thursday, April 26, 2007

Change of plans

I left the tutorial with Paul quite pleased today in relation to the feedback I got on my term one assignment. But he did not want me to photograph the London Park Hotel with a large format camera as my elephant project assignment. He suggested that I push myself further in terms of my visual aesthetics of the Leica reportage style, also as a training ground for my major project. (We also discussed my major project ideas, which I will discuss in a later blog.) He suggested that I work with a community/family based in the elephant area and further develop my style and visual voice.

I am sure that he is right and I take his advice but that also means that I have to find a family, community or the like that let’s me achieve that. Quite a U-turn from what I had in mind. Not an easy task. And it also means stepping out of my comfort zone again.

Well, I wanted to be pushed and challenged. Tomorrow I am meeting with Claudia and Jackie and we will knock on a few doors around the Elephant area…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home