Saturday, April 14, 2007

VII Seminar (part 2)







What I expected – or hoped for – the second day of the VII seminar was equally stimulating and exciting, culminating in a very moving slideshow by James Nachtwey at the end of the seminar. Nachtwey’s presentation was actually held before, here is the link.

My main take-away today – apart from having seen really inspiring work from great photographers – was the emergence of multimedia as the de rigueur for presenting still images. What was somewhat comforting for me is the fact that all of these fine photographers (which I consider to be the bellwethers of the photojournalism industry) were still experimenting with the right format. While some of them ‘just’ added a (more or less suitable) music track to their slideshow, others were more daring such as Eugene Richards filming his contact sheets and adding voice-overs or Christopher Morris filming a short clip about Bush. Seeing this, I did not feel as backward for dabbling in my own multimedia efforts. But as I said really inspiring in many, many ways. My head is spinning and I am exhausted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hubert said...

Thanks for the great link!

11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home