Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Going back to Kiev...



Tomorrow I will be going back to Kiev to resume my project… This will be my last trip for my underpasses project (at least that is the plan). I am planning to stay for about 20 days, spanning the election weekend on 30th September… I have done an initial edit of the images I have shot so far, have shown this edit to a few selected people who have given me valuable feedback. I have also made a detailed list of things I want to focus on in the next few weeks while I am back in Kiev. I am also intending to hire a fixer (who I have met on my last trip on the recommendation of a trusted photographer there).

Seems I have all my ducks in a row… but still I feel a bit anxious going back tomorrow… For one thing I will probably need a few days to get back into the project and ‘connect’ with the city and the situation again.

For another, this time I will try to focus on getting really close to the people I want to photograph and I might even try to take some formal portraits – i.e. I am now embarking on the really difficult part.

Let’s see whether a weeklong crash course in Russian and a fixer will do the trick…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home