Sunday, September 02, 2007

The Holocaust Tower - revisited

I have spent a few days in Berlin this week… I haven’t been there for quite some time – so plenty to discover and re-discover… But mainly, I was keen to go back to the Jewish Museum and in particular to the Holocaust Tower there, and re-shoot some of the images I have shot before a few years ago… this time with a better camera and more experience – and a fresh eye.

The Holocaust Tower is an intriguing place in the midst of the museum, a suitable place for contemplation and a few moments of quietness in almost complete darkness but for a small strip of light emanating from above…

I was trying, however, to be more conceptual and abstract and detach myself a bit from the tower’s literal meaning with my photography.

Well, see for yourself…



















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home