Friday, March 09, 2007

Last day at LCC

Yesterday was my last day at college for this term. Yes, the first term is over already. It went by so quickly. The last ten weeks went over so fast. I can’t believe that one third of my studies is already done and over. I learnt a lot, met a very nice group of people at college and even forged some friendships that may last.









Now I am gearing up for the Easter break and the project I am going to shoot in the USA (which will also be the major piece for the assessment for the first term). I am flying to Seattle on Monday to meet my friends Peter and Frans. Peter and Frans are a gay couple who have been together for many, many years and are about to become parents of twins in about a week’s time.

I intend to accompany them and document their exciting journey to parenthood. Watch this space for more on this story. Obviously, I am very grateful that they (and the surrogate mother) let me into their lives at this key juncture of their lives. But I also feel the burden of the responsibility to do a good job at this. Not just for me, but for them as well. I feel privileged to have this kind of access to their lives; I don’t want to mess it up. And I would like to produce a good piece of work that they will like and will be a good document of this seminal event in their lives. I hope that I deserve their trust.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Easter is surely coming up and it's a wonderful time for all of us...and i do hope you have a great time and all goes with you project as well...and i'd also like you to drop by my blog on Easter Greetings sometime and enjoy all the spirit of Easter it's filled up with!!!

6:17 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful project...
good luck & bon courage !

10:31 am  
Blogger The Real South East said...

lol i forgot my password for the blog! hence no updates for a little bit! just put some stuff up, good luck in America be sure to let us know when your back!

9:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home