Saturday, September 22, 2007

Pre-election sound bites...



Some pre-election sound bites from people I spoke to in Kiev… by no means representative of any public opinion… but interesting nevertheless, I think…

“I will not go to the elections… I was deeply involved during the Orange Revolution and stood there on Maidan to protest against [former ousted President] Kuchma… but now, I have lost my interest in politics; politics is just for rich people… I just want to get on earning money and have a better life… I don’t care who wins…”

“I will vote for Tymoshchenko, she is a strong leader; I know she is just looking for her own interests as all the other politicians but I do not trust [President] Yushchenko since he is weak… I don’t trust people who are weak… I vote for strong people…”

“Sure, [Prime Minister] Yanukovich is just a puppet and figure head for the business community in Donetsk, especially for Akhmetov [Ukraine’s richest man]… But Akhmetov is a smart businessman and that is what the country currently needs… so I vote for Yanukovich…”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home