Friday, March 23, 2007

Back in Seattle

After a very, very long and tiring day, we arrived back in Seattle at midnight yesterday. Our connecting flight from Detroit was three hours late – due to an emergency on the incoming flight – so that the whole journey from Akron to Cleveland, then via Detroit to Seattle took us nearly 14 hours. Well, the twins took it with a lot of imperturbability and the young parents coped well with feeding and nappies changing in public places and airports.





And I guess the young family is glad to be back home, starting their normal daily life/routine and bonding now.



I have now got a lot of material for the story and will soon be starting the daunting task of editing (while still continuing shooting parts of the story). I have been shooting this story for almost two weeks now and apart from showing some images to Peter and Frans, I have not had any feedback on my images. So to speak, I have been stewing in my own juice for a while and would not mind to have some kind of outside “sanity check” whether this is moving in the right direction and which parts might still be missing. But I guess that will have to wait until I get home. I understand that even seasoned photojournalists get to this point at some stage.

I am also tempted to give the young family a few days of breathing space from the ever-present photographer, literally documenting every fart and burp :-) So I might head to Vancouver or Portland for a few days on my own.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Uwe,
die Fotos sind echt klasse und es macht Spass die Entwicklung zu verfolgen.
Speziell die beiden Bilder vom Herrenklo haben was...
Wir freuen uns auf die nächsten Bilder.
Reinhard+Sabine

9:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home