Thursday, March 29, 2007

Chance encounter in Seattle



I met this guy on Olive’s Way in Seattle. He eyed my Leica around my neck and approached me. He told me that he was a fine art photographer before. He was in New Mexico producing fine art landscape photography, studying the works of Anselm Adams and Georgia O’Keefe. Then he told me he stopped taking pictures because in a row his mother burned all his negatives. Before I could enquire about the reason why she burnt his life’s work and what the dispute was about, he disappeared off on a bus… I will never know the full story. He left me intrigued.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

„Wir müssen das, was wir denken, sagen.
Wir müssen das, was wir sagen, tun.
Wir müssen das, was wir tun, dann auch sein.“

[Alfred Herrhausen]

5:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that must have been a frustrating experence as the guy sounded a fascinating chracter with a documentary story to tell .... very Van Gough.

4:33 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home