Thursday, March 22, 2007

When do you have enough?





The DNA test arrived in time and – again the boys have been very lucky – one of each is the father of one of each of the twins. Peter is the father of Coco and Frans of Jonas. The outcome could not have been better for them. Since these results are now available, the birth certificates can be issued and we can leave Akron. Tomorrow we are flying back to Seattle – with a lot of baggage and, of course, two additional small human beings.

I have now shot close to 900 images for the story and two conflicting emotions appear. On the one hand I feel more and more comfortable that the story is coming together and that I have a few strong images that will tell the story. On the other hand, I am getting increasingly paranoid and tensed up not to miss any part of the story. It would be a shame if I missed a part now that I have come all this way. Often you cannot go back, and certainly in this case, once I am gone there is no way I can re-shoot any part that I may find out missing later on. But when do you know that you have nailed a part of the story? I guess you have to rely on your intuition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home